Welcome to Shorewood Kiwanis Club's Website!
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time
Kiwanis was started by Allen S. Browne and Joseph G. Prance in 1915 in Detroit,Michigan and has since grown into a global service and social organization with thousands of clubs throughout the world.
Simply put, we are your friends and neighbors, with jobs and professions just like you, and yes, even retirees, who volunteer our time to help children and those in need.
No member of Shorewood Kiwanis receives a salary. Every dollar that Shorewood Kiwanis collects goes directly back into our community and to help those in need. All administrative costs are borne by means of the club's internal funding, like 50/50 raffles, Happy Dollars, member fines, Birthday donations and Anniversary donations.
We shop with local merchants and encourage others to do the same. We care deeply about the well being of all of those in our community and beyond.
Shorewood Kiwanis is committed to "serving the community one child at a time since 1959," as our motto states.
Our club seeks to develop a more serviceable citizenship and give primacy to the human values of life as stated in the objects of Kiwanis Interantional
Copyright Shorewood Kiwanis Club 2014
Shorewood Kiwanis Projects:
- 3rd Grade Dictionary Project
- Ice show for specials needs kids
- Fishing derby for special needs kids
- Thanksgiving Basket Distribution in St. Clair Shores
- Kiwanis International Eliminate Neonatal Tetanus Project
- Christmas in August- Back to School clothes for needy families
- Kiwanis Key Leader Programs
- Rubber Duck Derby for Autism to benefit Henry Ford Health System Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities (CADD)
- Harper Charity Cruise- 100% of revenue donated back into our community
- Sponsor of Macomb County Health Department Diaper Depot and Young Mothers' Closet
- Sponsor of Kiwanis Key Clubs at Local High Schools
- Sponsors for SCS Public Library with new books for children's library and elementary school libraries
- Involvement with the SCS Goodfellows paper sale
- Gourmet Nut Sale Fundraiser
- Bell Ringing for Salvation Army
- Scholarship program for High School Seniors
- Numerous charitable donations to the St. Clair Shore Community, support of other charities and worthy causes