Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time
Kiwanis was started by Allen S. Browne and Joseph G. Prance in 1915 in Detroit, Michigan and has since grown into a global service and social organization with thousands of clubs throughout the world.
Our club seeks to develop a more serviceable citizenship and give primacy to the human values of life as stated in the objects of Kiwanis International
Copyright Shorewood Kiwanis Club 2014
Shorewood Kiwanis Projects:
- 3rd Grade Dictionary Project
- Ice show for specials needs kids
- Fishing derby for special needs kids
- Thanksgiving Basket Distribution in St. Clair Shores
- Kiwanis International Eliminate Neonatal Tetanus Project
- Christmas in August- Back to School clothes for needy families
- Kiwanis Key Leader Programs
- Rubber Duck Derby for Autism- Saturday May 30th, 2015 at Chapaton Retention Basin to benefit Henry Ford Health System Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities (CADD) Starts at 11am, race at 12:30.
- Harper Charity Cruise- 100% of revenue donated back into our community
- Sponsor of Macomb County Health Department Diaper Depot and Young Mothers' Closet
- Sponsor of Kiwanis Key Clubs at Local High Schools
- Sponsors for SCS Public Library with new books for children's library and elementary school libraries
- Involvement with the SCS Goodfellows paper sale
- Gourmet Nut Sale Fundraiser
- Bell Ringing for Salvation Army
- Scholarship program for High School Seniors
- Numerous charitable donations to the St. Clair Shores Community, support of other charities and worthy causes
High School Students!
Interested in learning about Kiwanis "Key Club" membership and scholarship oppurtunities? CLICK HERE